Introduction Blog - "Its corona time"

 'An Introduction To My Life' - "Its corona time"

Sorry about the title ... I had to do it.

Hi and Welcome to my blog for anyone who doesn't no me, my name is Mia Roe and I'm 19 years old, I live in Crumlin in Dublin. I hope you enjoy this blog and that you find it interesting.

My Summer 

Before COVID existed I had many many plans for summer which unfortunately were cancelled :( I had planned to go to Budapest in August to attend a festival called 'SZIGET' with my best friends, but unfortunately that was cancelled , and then the end of august I was supposed to attend EP ( Electric Picnic) but of course that was cancelled too :( So basically Corona ruined my very eventful summer.

I currently have been working in 'Dunnes Stores' for over a year now in the clothing department, but when locked down first began we were moved downstairs to the grocery section to help out because of how hectic that's store became, and I know what your thinking a supermarket was probably every persons worst nightmare especially during a 'global pandemic'. I also became full time from March until this week basically so for 8 months I worked full time which was hard especially when trying to balance a heavy college workload aswell as working most days a week. You definitely already no how crazy the supermarkets were during this time but imagine working through it as a full time college student :( It was awful, I wouldn't recommend it.

MOVIES & TV SHOWS

When COVID began so did my addiction to watching any or all movies and TV Shows, whether they were on Netflix or not I managed to watch a lot. Below I have a list of movies and TV shows that I have liked and loved. This is basically my mini reviews of what is good and what is not.

    
Recommendations

  • Dunkirk - 10/10 - I love any Christopher Nolan movie - I highly recommend.
  • 1917 - 10/10 - another war movie but the filming apsect off this I found fascinating, not on Netflix but it should be.
  • Friends - 100/10 - do I really need to say more.
  • Michael McIntyre Comedy Roadshow 9/10 - since we couldn't go out ,my family would have a few drinks in the house and watch this and it was hilarious and there is soo many episodes.
  • Enola Holmes - 9/10 - A movie about the detective Sherlock Holmes's younger sister Enola , I loved it.
  • The kissing booth 2 - 3/10 - Don't watch this its very very very bad ... thank me later.
  • The wrong Missy - 3/10 - Its too try hard movie, I usually like David spade but this was cringe.
  • Cheer - 10/10 - GREAT DOCUMENTARY - I loved it. I am always intrigued with documentaries about college or sports so this was perfect for me.
  • Greys Anatomy - 10000/10 - also not on Netflix but its just the best drama series I've ever watched, I've watched all 16 seasons and will most likely cry at least 3 times per episode.
  • The office - 10/10 - funniest show I will ever watch - if you haven't watched it we cannot be friends.
  • PS I LOVE YOU - 9/10 - makes me cry every time but its a must watch!
  • New Girl - 10/10 - makes me cry from laughter Ive made all my friends watch it its great!


My goal for this year is just try and push myself to do the best that I can and I want to be proud of my work. The plan is to stay organised and on top of things so far so good.

Thanks again for listening to me babble on ... sorry if I bored you x

- Mia Roe 


Below I've listed a site to view which gives you a list of Netflix recommendations.

Comments

  1. Hey Mia! You're stuck with me again this year, lucky you! I feel like our summers were planned exactly the same, I was also meant to go to Sziget and EP which obviously didn't happen in the end. Your taste in movies and tv seemed quite decent until you gave PS I Love You a 9/10?? Gerard Butler's accent is so bad it's offensive. I somehow have also watched all 16 seasons of Grey's Anatomy and I don't know if I'm proud of it or embarrassed to be honest. Hopefully see you soon if we ever get to go back on campus and good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the nice comment Sean :) , I agree his accent is terrible but I am proud of you for watching all 16 seasons of Greys WELL DONE! and I hope to see you soon :(

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mia, hope you are doing well and are coping with everything that is going on, I know I have gone a bit crazy at times over lockdown especially when hearing that ep wasn't going ahead. I can only imagine how crazy is was working during lockdown. Hopefully get to see you soon in college :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mia, I couldn't imagine working during the pandemic and doing college! It was bad enough with the lockdown without throwing work in the mix. Also, I feel your pain with your summer plans being cancelled. There's nothing more I'd love than some cheap alcohol and a beach. Maybe next year, fingers crossed. I watched New Girl at least 3 times through lockdown 'cause it's so cheerful. I recommend it to everyone aha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mia, sucks to hear how much the pandemic ruined your summer plans and I couldn't even imagine working and doing college especially during the early stages of the pandemic! At least you've gotten to pick up and watch a bunch of new stuff since it's started. If I were to disagree with one of your ratings it'd be The Kissing Booth 2 because I think it's comedically bad so it's great to laugh at, especially with friends. Good luck with the course and I hope you achieve your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mia, sorry to hear your trip to Budapest and Electric picnic were cancelled :( Its been a shite year for everybody but hopefully Summer 2021 is way better! I hope you're handling college okay and are staying on top of everything. I think we all want to try do the best we can while in the middle of lock down so let's get through it together. Also I have to get into The Office, I've been pushing it off for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mia, great start to your blog! I loved hearing about all the shows you would recommend and I have seen a good few of them, like 1917 and I would 100% agree that it's a 10/10. Also me and my girlfriend watched kissing booth 2 and I have to disagree with you on this one, its more of a 2/10 haha. Sorry to hear about your summer, hopefully next year you'll be able to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mia, great introduction! Sorry to hear about your summer plans being ruined, mine were too:(, was meant to go Canada and Finland had the holidays booked off work and everything. But yeah we move.....Cool to see you worked full time for a while, I did the same, over in B&Q, made good few bob over the summer to save up for car and insurance etc.. You have good taste in movies and shows, I love my Netflix as well haha, good escape. Anyways again great blog and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mia! I really enjoyed your blog post. I also had far too many concerts cancelled because of corona, it's so annoying!! I also watched far too many tv shows during the lockdowns! I am obsessed with greys, I'm the exact same I cry every episode and my mam actually thinks I'm so weird but at least I'm not alone lol just so attached to the characters. *possible spoiler for people still watching but* Alex in season 16 really disappointed me :( didn't enjoy it at all! I'm currently watching New Girl for the first time and I love it!! Best of luck with the year :) -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mia,

    Covid really took away everyone's summer plans which really sucked. Was planning on having a fun summer full of drinking and moving places but that whole thing changed so here we are :) I barely watch much netflix but i might give the few recommendations a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hii, Mia!
    Oh noo it's so annoying that you had to cancel so much things :'( hopefully you will be able to compensate it next summer with the money you got from your full time job on Dunnes!
    Oh-My-God-! I'm also a big Friends fan, they are the best!! 10 seasons without losing audience and always being funny is just amazing!
    I hope you are enjoying second year so far!
    Lívia Alencar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment