Review Week Reading

In all honesty I don't mind doing the readings I find them interesting enough to read as they usually provide me with a bit of knowledge in terms of gaming as I would have never known a lot of these facts or information before this module. I do have to admit sometimes they can be full of random/useless information that makes me want to cry but that is only sometimes. I think my favourite reading so far had to be the 'Game Element' link to blog. I don't no why but I found it quite interesting to read and I found out a lot about games that I had never known before. I felt like this reading was like my introduction to understanding what a game is and what I will be looking at in the weeks ahead. 

For me personally whenever I read the blog posts I always make my own notes so that I can break down the information properly so that I can thoroughly understand what I am reading. So I will read each part step by step and then in my notebook I will write down what I think is the most important part of what I have read. This always seems to be my go to strategy when working on any sort of college work so I think its what works best for me. I found out that I am more of a visual learner as I much prefer to watch YouTube video with graphics to help me understand information by doing this I will also use my method of taking notes continuously while reading or watching video. Its great for me now to know what works for me as I had never truly known my main study or work strategy. 

I am really happy with my game project, I never thought I would ever get the opportunity to make a game in my life so this module is great in allowing me to do something extremely different. I think my biggest accomplishment of this semester has to be how organised I have become with doing the weekly blogs as I honestly wouldn't ever be on track with any subject or module in my life so I am very proud of myself for continuously trying to be on track with everything. 

This image here is a screen shot I took of my blog page. I recently have added more widgets and change the layout of my blog.   This really was a long time coming as I have had this blog for over 9 weeks now and I think it was due for a revamp. If I use this page everyday I think it is important I like the layout that I see and I really hated my old layout it was way too girly for me. So that is why I changed it up.


In the next coming weeks I am hoping to have my game looking very professional and I hope that I keep on track with it keeping up with doing a large portion each week so that I don't have a heavy workload closer to the end of the semester. I also want to look a more blogs from my other class mates as I always feel after reading them I get more of a look at what how I feel I should have my blog to be like.

If I was to be honest there isn't much I would change to this class as I feel like it is very fair as it allows you to do as much work as you would want. The only thing I would change is, that instead of gaming I would have another option for students to explore as I no gaming isn't for everyone but it is quite interesting to learn about.

Thanks for reading - Mia 

Comments